Yesterday i wrote a blog post for CrunchyBlogger 10 stupidly simple SEO questions for Every Webmaster. As i promised you today i am posting answers of all questions. Remember that these aren’t the only way to answer this questions correctly because some questions are more open-minded.
So here are the Answer of All Questions :-
- Tell the difference between following topics and how all search engines treat them – 302 redirect, 301 redirect, Meta refresh tag and Canonical URL.
Ans :- Canonical Url Tag is a <link rel> item in header of a web page or document that tells the search engines and indicates the “original” and “canonical” version of web page and website content. Canonical Url is intended to tell the search engines which Url to index when multiple pages of your website have same content or similar content..
301 redirect is a permanent redirect which tell the browser and search engines that a page has been permanently moved or redirected to a new Url.. 302 redirect is a temporary redirect that will change again and revert back in the future.. Search engines like Bing And Google interpret 301 redirect by passing a link equity and ranking values from 301 redirect page to targeted page.. 302 redirect doesn’t receive the same value as 301 redirect and may your webpage show in search result with the original Url after having 302 redirect applied..
Meta refresh tag is also a directive of header of a document and it indicates after a certain time page get redirected to new location or reload the webpage. All search engine treats short meta refresh tag as a redirect and passes all the link equity and ranking value to targeted webpage.. longer meta refresh tag is treated and indexed as normal..
2. Which is going to have more impact on website ranking in search engine ranking and why – 20 links form 1 website and 1 link from 20 different website.
Ans :- Having 20 link from 20 website have more impact on search engines because Google loves this types of link because it indicates the popularity and importance of your website Google thinks one Single website has this much link from different website then this website is important. Remember if your website have larger quantity of linking domain if far more better then single sites link.
3. Who are the top 2 search engines (as ranked by share of query) in the following country – United kingdom, Russia and China, USA.
Ans :- The Top 2 Search Engines In US it either a Bing and Google or Google and YouTube because Google Considers YouTube as another entity.UK also have same result as US. In China The no.1 Search engine is Baidu and No.2 is Google. IN Russia yandex is no.1 search engine and Google is on no.2.
4. Name at least three essential elements to ranking well in Google Map/places/locals.
Ans :- Any of this factor can be a reasonable answer – verification/registration with Google local/ places, Consistency and listing presence in Google places source, reviews and ratings from Google places users, Cell phone no. and addresses, Listing prominence in Google places source. ( ex: citysearch, yelp etc..) also business listing title and name, domain name.
5. How can the Meta robots tag impact in search engines crawl, index and display content on webpage.
Ans :- The meta robots tag is used to tell the search engines whether this website get indexed in search engine or not, Links are followed and no followed and also display of the snippet. You can used meta tags to control the snippet of your website in search engine how to show it. Also you can use this tag to prevent to show cached version of webpage in search result.
6. Mention five location on a page where using a targeted keyword can have +ve impact on search engines.
Ans :- Any Of the Following factors can be reasonable answer for this question – Title Element, Domain Name, Sub domain , Url String ,Alt attribute , body element, Html tags like H1 bold and strong.
7. Describe the distribution of search query demand, and what is meant by “long tail” and “fat had”.
Ans :- Lots of searches are done each week, but the difference is the majority of search queries and keywords are searched less then 10 times per month. This distribution of search query demand represented in graph with a trailing line called “long Tail”. the head of this graph where lots of search queries are performed each month is known as “fat Head”.
8. What aspects of SMM (Social Media marketing) have a +ve impact on Search engine rankings, (excluding the value of direct links to social sites)?
Ans :- Social media marketing is a form of awareness marketing and branding, Having links from social media sites gives you lots of benefits in search engines ranking. the top most is you get direct links from social media site that gives you traffic make your website popular and attract attention of people. Another impact of having links from social media sites is now search engines like Google and bing also show social media results in their SERP. Finally brand association and mentions are minded by search engines from social sites and used in brand entities or co-citiation algorithm to help a site be seen as more relevant to the keywords and more important or popular..
9. Name 6 tools / sources that show a list of external URLs that point to a web page.
Ans :- You can use any of this tool :-
- Google webmaster tool
- Bing Webmaster Tool
- Yahoo site explores
- Yahoo Link Commands
- Open site explorer
- Google Blog Search etc.
10. What are some way to +ve influence the ratio of a page a search engine will crawl and index a website?
Ans :- You can answer this question in many ways but here are few common ones :-
- Reduce the quantity of low value and low quality unique content pages
- Add and Verify a XML sitemap
- Produce RSS feed of the pages and sections that frequently updated with new unique content
- Reduce the click depth for required pages
- eliminate the confusing navigation and layout of a your website such as pagination etc.
- reduce the duplicate content
- earn more links
11. Bonus Question From CrunchyBlogger:- Describe the concept of topic modeling and how modern search engines might use it to improve the quality of their results.
Ans :- Topic modeling is a way that used by search engines to mathematically resolve the relation between words and phrases and help to determine the this content is related to search query. this system leverage a space model in which the degree of “relatedness” is shown with an angle or “cosine similarity” Smaller angels are much similar and larger ones are not. Some of specific Search engines algorithms are implementation of topic modeling such as LDA, LSI, LSA, pLSI etc.